6 Tips For Improving The Recruiting & Onboarding Experience
As you might know, employee experience has over the course of the last few years received a considerable amount of attention. With that said, employee experience is now essential to corporate strategy and it involves not only a company’s HR department but also its IT, facilities, and legal infrastructure. However, implementing employee experience can be somewhat of a challenge, which is why this "Need To Know" blogpost takes you back to the beginning of the employee journey with some tips on how employee experience can play a important role in improving recruiting and onboarding.
3 Things To Keep In Mind For Creating A Good Recruiting Experience
The employee journey does not start with the employment - it already begins at the point when the candidate apply for the job position. So it's crucial for companies to create a great employee experience right from the first encounter the candidate has with the company.
1. Simplify the application process - From writing better job listings to the use of better technology are just a few things that could help making the application process more simple. Use a quality mobile-friendly software to help fill in applicants resumes automatically and send out an automated e-mail to confirm their application has been received. This will create a positive experience from the start of the candidate's journey.
2. Prioritize diversity - Diverse backgrounds and individual experiences often result in better idea generation which could lead to more innovation and boost team effectiveness. By training hiring managers and interviewers and facilitate a more transparent recruiting process, hiring bias can be avoided and the best qualified candidate won't be overlooked.
3. Look for internal employees - Hiring from within, significantly reduces the time of the hiring and onboarding process and at the same time shows that a company is interested in helping their employees advance in their careers, which boost employee morale and company culture.
"Hiring people with diverse backgrounds brings in a flexibility of thought and openness to new ways of doing things, as opposed to hiring clones from business schools who have been taught a codified way of doing business"
3 Ways To Improve The Onboarding Experience
1. Individualizing the experience - By individualizing and personalizing the onboarding experience, the new hire will feel more valued and appreciated. This can be done by familiarizing yourself with the new hire's interests and how the best way of learning company procedures and culture works for them.
2. Create a buddy system and provide team building activities - Initiating strong relationships from the beginning is very important for the new hire to feel included. A buddy system and team building activities is a perfect way for the new hire to feel like a part of the team.
3. Open communication and frequent scheduled check-in's - In order to make sure that the new hire feels safe and without any doubts, keep the communication open and schedule frequently check-in's. This also helps the new hire to feel a sense of belonging to the workplace and makes them feel needed.
The employee journey starts right at the point of the recruitment and onboarding process. So, in order to create the best possible employee experience for your new hire - following some of these tips could be very helpful. A proper onboarding process not only boost employee engagement but also helps retention of employees, so its really a worthwhile investment!
Here at Livingroom Analytics, we have developed an innovative, data-driven employee experience platform. The platform supports organizations through monitoring the employee journey and the employee experience. We are regularly arranging webinars, posting interviews with thought leaders, and sharing insights on employee experience. Sign up to receive the latest news or read more on our website!
Want to read more articles like this? Join the Livingroom Newsletter
ABOUT LIVINGROOM ANALYTICS
Livingroom is the new, groundbreaking platform for measuring and improving employee experience. Every company faces the challenge of building a workplace where people feel engaged and perform well. Livingroom helps managers identify people challenges as well as deliver the right tailored actions for improvement.